A top Pentagon official has admitted that a massive amount of data related to new defence technologies were stolen earlier this year.
”It was 24,000 files, which is a lot, but I don’t think it’s the largest we’ve seen,” William Lynn, the US deputy defence secretary, said on Thursday.
Lynn revealed the theft as he unveiled a new Pentagon cybersecurity strategy that designates cyberspace as an ”operational domain”, alongside sea, air and land, where US forces will practice, train and prepare to defend against attacks.
Critics say Pentagon cyber strategy does not have enough bite to counter breaches in defence networks
He said the theft occurred in March and targeted files at a defence contractor developing weapons systems and defence equipment.
Read the story…